User manual - latest
User manual v2.3 - English (407Kb 7.11.2013)
User manual v2.3 - French (702Kb 8.11.2013) - translated by Nono15
User manual v2.3 - Spanish (395Kb 13.11.2013) - translated by Emilio (air camera, Spain)
User manual v2.2 - Italiano (457Kb 7.10.2013) - translated by Iacopo Boccalari
User manual v2.2 - Chineese (572Kb 30.10.2013) - translated by Max (Actioncamz)
User manual - previous versionsUser manual for v1.xx (219Kb 31.01.2013)
User manual v2.2 - English (360Kb 13.08.2013)
User manual v2.2 - French (619Kb 6.11.2013) - translated by Nono15
DocumentationConnection diagram (131Kb 15.05.2013)
Connection diagram for 2 controllers (86Kb 7.05.2013)
Serial Protocol Specification (ver. 2.3) (503Kb 13.11.2013)
Firmware upgradeStarting from version 2.1, firmware upgrade is possible from GUI.
Previous versions: to upgrade firmware, download latest firmware (.hex file) and XLoader or AvrdudeR utility. Run utility, select COM port where controller is connected, and specify hex file to upload. Leave all other settings at default (baud is 115200, device is "SimpleBGC"). If device is restarted after upload - it means all done. Run GUI and check if firmware version has changed.
LINUX and MAC users: use avrdude to upload firmware. See command line parameters in XLoader/upload.bat.
XLoader.zip (312Kb 7.01.2013)
AvrdudeR.zip (595Kb 13.03.2013)
PLEASE NOTE: Software below is published only for legal owners of the SimpleBGC boards. SimpleBGC is not an open source project. If you want to become a reseller or use SimpleBGC in your project, please contact us to get the rules of using and selling.
2.3b4, 2.3b5Firmware: SimpleBGC_2_3b5.enc.hex (84Kb 9.11.2013)
IMPORTANT NOTE: you will loose all previous setting after upgrading to this version.
!!PLEASE, SAVE SETTINGS TO FILE BEFORE UPGRADING!!
- Bug fixed: multiple YAW turns caused variable overflow and instability
- Bug fixed: if the system starts in the YAW lock mode, the camera can accidentally rotate to fixed angle.
- Bug fixed: in Follow PITCH mode, if camera is pitched by 30-50 degree, ROLL looses horizon level if panning by YAW.
- (2.3b5) Bug fixed: some parameters are always kept their default values regardless of GUI setting
- Follow PITCH mode extended by the new setting to configure the ROLL axis lock-to-follow transition.
- If Flight Controller (EXT_FC) is connected and calibrated, the system becomes more stable in the bigger range of inclination angles (even pitched +-80 degrees)
- Battery monitoring and buzzer:
- Voltage drop compensation (PID becomes stable during whole battery lifecycle)
- Low-Voltage alarms and motor cut-off
(This feature will be supported on some newest boards or old ones with the hardware mod. See user manual for details.)
- RC mapping improved: Any of PWM, Sum-PPM, or Analog modes may be set for any of RC inputs separately.
- it lets to use YAW-encoder or joystick together with RC control or External Flight Controller
- it may be required to re-configure RC inputs after firmware upgrade
- RC mix option: you can mix 2 inputs together before applying to any of ROLL, PITCH or YAW axis. It lets to control camera from 2 sources (joystick and remote for example)
- Serial API extended by the 'C' command (camera control). Example written in C++ for Arduino is provided in doc.
- New option to limit angular accelerations in case of hard RC or Serial control (useful to prevents jerks or skipped steps, smoother camera control, less impact on multirotor's frame)
- PID settings: I-term internally multiplied by P-term to increase I response when P is high.
- "Compensate acceleration" algorythm removed to free up program space for more important features
- (GUI) New Full-screen mode available to better fit GUI in small displays
- (GUI) Bug fixed: firmware upgrade fails if working path contains spaces.
- (GUI) New button to switch motors ON/OFF
- (GUI) Italian and Czech translation (thanks to Iacopo Boccalari, Lubos Chatval)
- (GUI) 2 new high-contrast themes for outdoor usage
- (GUI) New red marker: shows RC controlled angle that gimbal should maintain
2.2b2Firmware: SimpleBGC_2_2b2.enc.hex (85Kb 13.08.2013)
- New camera control mode: "Follow Pitch" mode (video tutorial)
- New tab in the GUI to configure this mode
- Smooth switching between modes on-the-fly
- User manual for v.2.2
2.1Firmware: SimpleBGC_2_1.enc.hex (74Kb 10.07.2013)
GUI: SimpleBGC_GUI_2_1.zip (5Mb 10.07.2013)
- New option: skip gyro calibraion at startup. With this option checked, board starts working immediately after power ON.
- New menu command and GUI button for manual gyro calibration
- RC Map, RC Source moved to profiles. It allows to change RC control setting by switching profiles.
(warning: after firmware upgrade, old RC Map setting will be lost)
- RC YAW axis control may be inverted now by specifying Min.angle > Max.angle, like for other axis (but this setting not used for limiting, just for inverting).
- I2C errors monitoring: LED will blink when I2C error detected
- New option: gyro high sensivity. It doubles sensivity of the gyro, that equals to multiplying gains in the PID controller by 2.
It may be usefull for big DSLR cameras.
- Translation to Chinese (thanks to Max) and Polish (thanks to Tomasz Ciemnoczulowski) language versions done.
- The "Firmware Upgrade" tab in the GUI is working now and allows to upload a new firmware.
- German language option
- Bug corrected: not clear upgrade from previous version
- New setting: Expo Curve for more precise RC control
- Bluetooth COM-port is working now on both 32 and 64-bit JRE in Windows
- Other minor bugs corrected
2.0b3Firmware: SimpleBGC_2_0b3.enc.hex (68Kb 15.05.2013)
GUI: SimpleBGC_GUI_2_0b3.zip (5Mb 14.05.2013)
- Completely new GUI, cross-platform and multilangual.
- New serial protocol with error correction and ajustable speed (to use with wireless modems)
- New control mode: Follow frame (FPV) mode for every axis. RC control is possible, too.
- Support of I2C-expansion board to control 3rd brushless axis (HW will be announced later)
- Configurable RC input mapping from 4 inputs to 6 channels
- Sum PPM RC input (up to 8 channels via one cable) with configurable mapping
- Analog control mode, thats allow to connect analog joystick (up to 4 axis).
(GND, +5V connected to potentiometer's fixed outputs, signal pin connected to sliding contact. You may need to solder +5V jumper on controller board)
- New RC channel 'CMD' - 3 position trigger is used to remotely switch functions
- RC input mapping to extend available channels.
- Optional ultrasonic PWM mode for noise-sensitive application
- Profiles support: All setting stored in 3 separate profiles in memory, switched by RC or menu button.
- Saving/restoring profiles to files
- Sensor board may be mounted in any orientation, configurable in GUI.
- Ajustable gyro/accelerometer sensivity to get optimal stability for your preferred flight style.
- Motor output mapping, that allow to use controller in PAN-TILT mode or as separate 3rd axis driver
(see connection diagram)
- New setting: I2C pullups enale/disable. Unlike 1.x firmware, default is DISABLED!. If sensor is not working, try to enable it.
- New setting: control stick neutral position trimming and deadband. Used for joystick or RC in speed mode.
- It may be required to re-tune gimbal, because range of some settings was slightly changed.
SimpleBGC_1_3b1.enc.hex (50Kb 8.03.2013)
- ROLL axis may be controlled from RX now! (ROLL angle properly taked into account in calculations)
- i2c errors properly handled
- More stable horizon in dynamic flight (experimental mode, will be configured in future GUI)
- bug corrected: angle limits not properly worked in RC incremental mode
SimpleBGC_GUI_1_3.zip (8Mb 15.04.2013)
- Some minor bugs corrected
- Added compatibility with 1.3 firmware
* GUI prior to 2.0 version is based on GUI from open-source project MultiWii and distributed under the terms of GPL3. Source code is included in ZIP-package.
SimpleBGC_1_2b.enc.hex (46Kb 4.02.2013)
- Added auto-calibration routine for motor direction (INVERT) and number of poles (works very roughly)
- Added incremental mode for RC control with ajustable speed, proportional to stick inclination.
(MIN and MAX angles are used to constrain total range. To reverse control, switch this values)
- Increased start-up delay to 4 sec before gyro calibration (to take hands off after powering)
- Added system diagnostic and error detection (LED blink rapidly in case of error and GUI will show error)
- MPU-6050 address auto-detection (virtually will work with every MPU-6050 sensor board on market)
SimpleBGC_GUI_1_2.zip (8Mb 28.01.2013)
- Added extra settings and removed unused
- More friendly initial configuration procedure
- Read error from controller and display it with hints
- Updated tuning manual (219Kb 31.01.2013)
SimpleBGC_1_1b.enc.hex (36Kb 7.01.2013)
- cycle time was reduced
- more precise PWM output
- sensor calibration bug corrected
SimpleBGC_GUI_1_1.zip (8Mb 7.01.2013)
- Added angle peak meter to help estimate quality of stabilization
- Bug corrected: negative values in EXTERNAL FC GAIN readed as 127
SimpleBGC_GUI_1_0.zip (8Mb 1.12.2012)